In this article, we will show you how to set and improve the sound quality in the Windows app; Android and Mac users will be able to change the sound quality using similar operations because the app screens are similar.
Spotify offers millions of songs and content, making it easy to find music that matches your mood, whether you’re driving, exercising, or just relaxing. You can customize your music experience to suit your preferences, from adjusting volume to utilizing AI-powered transitions. Everyone will surely appreciate the ability to enjoy high-quality sound.
In this article, we have compiled information about the bitrate used by Spotify, as well as tips on how to improve and adjust the audio quality settings. Please refer to this guide for more details.
About Spotify Sound Quality Type
Spotify offers various options for audio quality, but the available types differ based on whether you’re using the free plan, paid plan, or your device.
Here’s a summary of all the audio quality options provided by Spotify.
Audio Quality Option Device Audio Quality Adjusting Audio Quality Automatic All VariesNot possible Low iPhone, iPad, Android Approx. 24 kbit/s Possible Standard Web Player, Android, Chromecast Varies (AAC 128 kbit/s or Ogg Vorbis 96 kbit/s) Possible High iPhone, iPad, Android, Chromecast (Premium Only) Varies (AAC 160 kbit/s or Ogg Vorbis 160 kbit/s) Possible Very High (Premium Only) Windows, Mac, Web Player (Premium Only) Varies (Ogg Vorbis 320 kbit/s) Possible
On Spotify, there are five options for audio quality settings: “Automatic,” “Low,” “Normal,” “High,” and “Very High.” By choosing the “Automatic” option, the streaming quality will be adjusted based on the stability of your internet connection. This allows Spotify to select the optimal quality without interruptions.
The other four audio quality options on Spotify are as follows
“Low” quality is approximately 24 kbit/s, “Normal” quality is approximately 96 kbit/s, “High” quality is approximately 160 kbit/s, and “Very High” quality is approximately 320 kbit/s. To put it into perspective, “Normal” quality is similar to the sound quality of a radio, while “Very High” quality is comparable to the sound quality of a CD.
It is worth noting that the “Very High” quality option is only available for Spotify’s premium subscribers. Free users can select up to “High” quality. Choosing higher quality settings allows for finer details in the music, but it also consumes more bandwidth and data. Additionally, downloading music in high quality will require more space on mobile devices. If you want to learn about アップルミュージック 無料, you can read this article.
How to change sound quality settings in Spotify
If you haven’t changed any settings after installing Spotify, the audio quality will be the second lowest, which is equivalent to the quality of radio streaming.
The process of changing the audio quality on Spotify is very simple. Although the steps may vary slightly depending on the device, you basically need to open the Spotify app, go to “Settings”, select “Audio Quality”, and choose your desired settings. There are no complicated operations, so if you are dissatisfied with the audio quality of Spotify, change it now! The following article provides a step-by-step guide with screenshots.
If you are using the PC (Windows) app, click on your account name and select “Settings”. Please note that the option to change the audio quality is only available for Spotify Premium members, as it involves switching to the highest quality.
To set the audio quality to the highest, follow these steps:
- Select your account name.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Open “High Quality Streaming”.
In the Spotify app, open the app and click on your account name displayed in the top right corner. This will bring up a drop-down menu.
- spotify audio quality settings
- From the drop-down menu, select “Settings”.
- Once the drop-down menu appears as shown below, click on “Settings” to access the settings page.
- spotify audio quality settings
- On the settings page, turn on the switch for “High Quality Streaming”.
- Lastly, open the “High Quality Streaming” section on the settings page.
- spotify audio quality settings
- Once the switch is turned on, the setup is complete.
How to Improve Spotify Sound Quality
Are there any methods to improve the sound quality of Spotify songs? When you feel that the sound quality of Spotify is not good enough, it is important to know the points to improve the sound quality in order to have a better music experience.
Here are some methods to enhance and improve the sound quality of Spotify songs:
- Use MusicFab Spotify Converter software: Install and launch the “MusicFab Spotify Converter” software on your Windows computer. Log in to your Spotify account. From the Spotify “Library” list, select the songs that you want to change the sound quality of. The MusicFab Spotify Converter software allows you to convert songs to formats like M4A (original), FLAC, OPUS, mp3 spotify, WAV, etc. For significant improvement in sound quality, it is recommended to choose WAV or FLAC as the output format.
- Upgrade to Spotify Premium: The free version of Spotify allows you to choose a maximum sound quality of 160kbps. However, by upgrading to Spotify Premium, you can listen to music with a maximum sound quality of 320kbps. Additionally, Spotify Premium offers features like offline downloads, unlimited skips, and ad-free listening. Upgrading to Spotify Premium is an effective way to improve the sound quality of Spotify.
- Listen to music in locations with Wi-Fi: The streaming bitrate can vary depending on the network connection. Keep in mind that playing songs with higher bitrates will increase the data usage. If you want to enjoy high-quality music on Spotify without worrying about mobile data limitations, it is recommended to listen to music in places where Wi-Fi is available.
- Adjust the sound quality with an equalizer: An equalizer allows you to adjust the sound quality according to your preferences. It enables you to change the settings for bass, midrange, and treble based on personal preferences.
To adjust the equalizer, go to the Spotify settings and click on “Playback.” Select “Equalizer” and you will see various frequency ranges such as 60Hz, 150Hz, 400Hz, etc. Adjust the volume levels of these frequencies according to your preference.
If manual adjustment is challenging, you can click on “Presets” and choose a preset option that suits your taste. This will automatically adjust the equalizer settings.
These are some methods to set and improve the sound quality of Spotify music. You can use high-quality smartphones, adjust the equalizer, and even try the “MusicFab Spotify Converter” software to download and save music with the best sound quality, even for free users. Why not give it a try?